Phelps CountySheriff's Department
Non-Post Certified: Corrections Officer
NON-POST CERTIFIED: CORRECTIONS OFFICER
PHELPS COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT
SALARY: $33,500 PLUS A $500.00 UNIFORM ALLOWANCE – Starting Annually
- Health and dental insurance plan
- Life insurance
- Thirteen (13) paid holidays
- Two (2) weeks vacation
- Twelve (12) sick days
- Lagers and CERF retirement systems.
VOLUNTARY BENEFIT PROGRAMS (AFLAC)
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Additional Life Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Accident insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Hospital insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Supplemental dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental vision insurance
DESCRIPTION AND BASIC DUTIES
Jail staff currently works 12 hours shifts on a non-rotating basis. The hours are from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm and from 7:00 pm to 7:00 am. Although the schedules are considered non-rotating, there may be times when coverage is needed on another shift.
- Intake/Outtake of inmates
- Computer proficiency with different programs
- Medication pass
- Be able to handle confidential information and materials
- Transportation and the overall secure and orderly running of the day-to-day operations within the jail.
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- A detail-oriented job that requires independent judgment and good decision making
High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Extended periods of sitting
- Standing, walking, heavy lifting, as well as defusing altercations
- Training and practicing defensive tactics.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work various shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Complete board interview, background investigation, and polygraph examination
- Must have a valid Missouri driver's license and clean driving history
Applications are available at the Phelps County Sheriff’s Department, located at 500 West 2nd, Rolla, Missouri. You can also download an application below. Please submit your application via email or in person at the Phelps County Sheriff’s Department.
The Phelps County Sheriff’s Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to offering employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, age, creed, gender, national origin, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected status.