Phelps CountySheriff's Department
- New CCW- You will need to bring your class certificate, valid photo id with your Phelps County address and $100 cash or check. If you are planning to come in Monday – Friday you will have to come in between the hours of 7:30pm and 6:00am. If you plan to come in on Saturday or Sunday you may come in any time as we are open 24 hrs.
- Renewal of CCW- You may come in anytime as we are open 24 hrs., if your address has changed with in Phelps County, we will need proof of residency (piece of mail, insurance card, etc.).
Missouri Concealed Carry Q&A.
Initial application costs $100; Renewal costs $50 (RSMo: 571.101) Exact cash or checks are accepted.
CCW Qualification Declarations
- I am currently a resident of the State of Missouri or a member or spouse of a member of the armed forces of the United States of America stationed in the State of Missouri.
- I am a citizen of the United States of America.
- I am a least nineteen years of age or I am at least eighteen years of age and a member of the armed forces of the United States of America.
- I affirm I have not pled guilty to or been convicted of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year under the laws of any state or of the United States other than a crime classified as a misdemeanor under the laws of any state and punishable by a term of imprisonment of two years or less that does not involve an explosive weapon, firearm, firearm silencer, or gas gun.
- I have not been convicted of, pled guilty to, or entered a plea of nolo contredere to one or more misdemeanor offenses involving crimes of violence within a five-year period immediately preceding application for a permit or if the applicant have not been convicted of two or more misdemeanor offenses involving driving while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs or the possession or abuse of a controlled substance within a five-year period immediately preceding application for the permit.
- I am not a fugitive from justice or currently charged in an information or indictment with the commission of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year under the laws of any state or of the United States other than a crime classified as a misdemeanor under the laws of any state and punishable by a term of imprisonment of two years or less that does not involve an explosive weapon, firearm, firearm silencer or gas gun.
- I have not been discharged under dishonorable conditions from the United States armed forces.
- I have not been adjudged mentally incompetent at the time of this application or for five years prior to application, or has been committed to a mental health facility, as defined in section 632.005 RSMo, or a similar institution located in another state, except that a person whose release or discharge from a facility in this state pursuant to chapter 632, or a similar discharge from a facility in another state, occurred more than five years without subsequent recommitment may apply.
- I have received firearms saftey training that meets the standards of applicant firearms saftey training defiend and required by section 571.111 RSMo.
- I, to the best of my knowledge and belief, am not a respondent of a valid full order of protection that is still in effect.